Sunday, August 21, 2011

Checkered Past

Jumped and thumped

Bumped and dumped

Across this board called life

Why must I fight



A game I don’t want to play

Anyway

But here I am today



With dreams to be king

Isn’t that the thing

A dream to win

I do but sin



And am made false

At such cost

Waiting for that final loss



Checked again and again

Where do I begin

To leave such a predicament

Confidence?



When I am surrounded

Astounded

Yet bounded



To head to the other side

Try and survive

This board

A want to be more



Than a drama queen

A king

I want to be…



Oh checkmate

I am far too late

Because of what is true

And what I was made into



That’s my ass

At last

My future is my Checkered Past



Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.







No comments:

Post a Comment