Sunday, June 19, 2011
Hey Lady Lu…
Father, A male parent; the first ancestor; the oldest member of a society or profession; the first to practice any art; a creator; a name given to God; a dignitary of the church; one of the early expounders of Christianity. There is so much that I want to say but I cannot so let us instead focus on two points of this definition “a creator” and “a name given to God”.
I hold no illusions Luna that I will ever be a father but what is this place if not my own creation and I am its creator; congratulations Luna, you’re a mommy. That being said, this should scare me to death; does it “Hurt” to know that with everything I have done, all the truths I know, and with my dreams I am becoming more and more like The Abomination. On the other hand I have never been loved, I’d be damned if I knew what love was at all but remember this, I may take the body, the mind, the heart, but I will never be like that monster that destroys souls.
Mother is God in the eyes of a child or so they say but they are wrong; take a look at this place, not here but my life, some would call this paradise and maybe I have yet to see it. They say better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven; all along I have been trying to escape the wrong place, haven’t I? How does one get out of Hell, you have to kill the Devil, so how does one escape Heaven Luna… you have to kill God.
So what have I learned today… that this war has just had a change of venue, how do you kill a creator and a god, well my love there are two ways, ignore them or you stop them; I have done this and this has been done to me. My final thought Luna is that you can only ignore him and his followers for so long; I think The Abomination’s work is done; am I not my father’s masterpiece…
LATE
~A Father's Masterpiece~
What for
More
Than snips and snails and puppy dog tails
Can’t you tell?
Sugar and spice, and everything nice
Much more to a life
As they write
Recite
Paint and chip
We are gifts
They even sing and dance
For Luther a chance
As Gaga would say
I was born this way
* * *
Biology
Naturally
Chemistry
Mommy and daddy
Anatomy
With God almighty
The result you see
Is a piece?
Of the puzzle
Love and trouble
Between a boy and girl
Upon the canvas of the world
* * *
Time
He wasn’t blind
As the ticks and the tocks
The life of the clock
Measured in breaths in beats
How they did flee
From one to the other
A struggle
To make room
A bloom
Growth unimpeded
In Eden
* * *
Knowledge
Abolished
As what he thought he knew
Was true or through
His days
Gave way
And yet
I bet
Sometimes
In his lines
There was learning
Isn’t it disconcerting?
* * *
Growth
And hope
As we make our way
To a brand new day
A mother’s prayer
Daddy’s chair
Completed his task?
Not so fast
The story of life
Dreams tonight
Continuing the work
Upon this earth
* * *
Daddy
Is that me?
The art
Of yet another heart
As he would have done
Am I my father’s son?
This one is mine
Someday, sometime
I will paint
Create
Such a love
Like he does
* * *
What for
More
Than what he was
Because
He wanted to see
Me
As I write
Recite
Paint and chip
My gift
To this world
Another boy or girl
But we are you see
Just A Father’s Masterpiece
Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment